Monday, December 10, 2007

My favorite Christmas memory was the year I turned 10. We opened our gifts two nights before we left town to visit my grandparents (we were too old to believe in the "he's comin' down the chimney" thing). While I didn't voice it, I was a little disappointed that I only received two presents.

The next morning the telephone rang and my Mom gave someone directions to our house and when I said "who was that?" gave some vague answer.

Imagine my surprise and happiness when a little later a truck pulled up in front of our house and some guys unloaded a brand new piano! I was probably the happiest little girl around. I started taking piano lessons and continued for five years.

I don't think I've ever had such a surprise or happier holiday.

3 comments:

Laura Gilhuly said...

WOW! That is a fabulous Christmas memory!!! What a sweet memory to have!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome memory Jenny. WOW! I've always wanted to learn to play but there's not a musical bone in my body!

Scrappin Cheryl said...

Wow! I bet it was so hard for them no to tell you more was to come! They were probably as excited as you when it arrived! Now I want to hear you play......